The Egyptian Society of Laboratory Medicine (ESLM), a branch of The Egyptian Medical Association, is the national medical laboratory professional association in Egypt. It represents the lab physicians in the different fields of laboratory medicine including clinical chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology as well as histopathology. It is founded in the year 1989, with nearly 600 members from all sectors of laboratory service in Egypt; academic, public and private sectors.
Our mission is to promote the practice of the medical laboratory profession in consistency with the international quality standards of laboratory medicine to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
The main tasks of ESLM are:
- Promotion of the culture of quality to achieve best practice in lab service.
- Introduction of the principles and practice of quality management, method validation and verification, proficiency testing, infection control, and laboratory safety to pursue laboratory accreditation.
- Enhancement of the ethical conduct of laboratory practice.
- Exposure to new techniques through an annual exhibition.
- Encouragement of research through conferences, poster presentations, and publications in The Egyptian Journal of Laboratory Medicine.
- Interaction of the members with distinguished international lab professionals allowing exchange of knowledge and keeping members updated with the latest progress in laboratory medicine.